* Acquire knowledge, it enables its professor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to heaven. It is our friend in the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless. It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornament amongst friends and an armour against enemies.
* A Muslim who plants a tree or sows a field, from which man, birds and animals can eat, is committing an act of charity.
* There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah.
* What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured.
* The most excellent Jihad is that for the conquest of self.
* If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you ought, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests.
* When Allah created his creatures He wrote above His throne: ‘Verily, my Compassion overcomes my wrath.
* Allah will not give mercy to anyone, except those who give mercy to other creatures.
* Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.
* Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith.
* When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less.
* If you do not feel ashamed of anything, then you can do whatever you like.
* O Lord, grant me your love, grant me that I love those who love you; grant me, that I might do the deeds that win your love. Make your love dearer to me than the love of myself, my family and wealth.
* It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words.
* Verily, a man teaching his child manners is better than giving one bushel of grain in alms.
* Whoever is kind, Allah will be kind to him; therefore be kind to man on the earth. He Who is in heaven will show mercy on you.
* It is difficult for a man laden with riches to climb the steep path, that leads to bliss.
* Who are the learned? Those who practice what they know.
* Allah has revealed to me, that you must be humble. No one should boast over one another, and no one should oppress another.
* Who is the most favoured of Allah? He, from whom the greatest good comes to His creatures.
* A true one is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity.
* One who meets with others and shares their burdens is better than one who lives a life of seclusion and contemplation.