What are the months of Hajj?
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
In this fatwa:
With regard to your question, Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr, former head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee, states:
Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Islam is built upon five pillars: testifying that there is no true god except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, performing Prayer, paying the Zakah, making the pilgrimage to the Sacred House (Hajj), and fasting the month of Ramadan.”(Al-Bukhari)
Allah says in the Qur’an, “They ask you concerning the new moons. Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time. In the affairs of men, and for Pilgrimage.” (Al-Baqarah 2:189)
Also, He, Most High, says, “for Hajj are the months well-known. If anyone undertakes that duty therein, let there be no obscenity, nor wickedness, nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good you do, be sure Allah knows it.” (Al-Baqarah 2:197)
If a person makes Ihram before Shawwal, his Hajj is incorrect according to Ibn `Abbas, Ibn `Umar, and Ash-Shafi`i.
However, Abu Hanifah, Malik, and Ahmad see that the Ihram is correct but not recommended. However, Umrah has no specified time.
Almighty Allah knows best.
Editor’s note: This fatwa is from Ask the Scholar’s archive and was originally published at an earlier date.
Terkini dari MA Matholi'ul Huda Troso
- 76 Siswa Paskibaraka MA MH Troso Tampil Apik di Upacara Peringatan HUT RI ke-73 Tahun 2018 Kecamatan Pecangaan
- 40 Lebih Siswa MA MH Troso Bertugas di Upacara Hari Pramuka Ke-57 Kecamatan Pecangaan Jepara
- Upacara Pengibaran Bendera – Noor Ubaidillah, S.Pd.I. : Barang Siapa yang Sungguh-sungguh Pasti Allah Memberi Jalan
- Istana Nurul Iman, Cahaya Iman di Negeri Jiran
- Sejarah Masuknya Islam ke Anak Benua India