Salam Aleikom. I am graduating from high school and my exams are. Of course, I do not want to not fast the first 2 weeks of Ramadan, but at the same time these exams are really important as my future depends on them. I am afraid fasting would affect my performance. What shall I do?
In this counseling answer:
• Trust in Allah that you will make it through Ramadan.
• Make duaa.
• Make a schedule for your Ramadan obligations as well as your school obligations.
• Ensure that you eat healthy, energizing foods after magrib and especially for suhoor. Also, stay hydrated throughout the evening.
Thank you for your question. It is one that a lot of students worry about. As your future depends on your exams, your future also depends on your commitment to Allah (swt) and your successful completion of Ramadan. Trusting in Allah (swt) that you will make it through Ramadan, while at the same time doing well on your exams, is faith.
I kindly suggest that you make du’aa’ that Allah (swt) give you the strength, mental clarity, and energy to sustain your studies and exams. Allah (swt) is most merciful.
I further suggest that you ensure that you eat healthy, energizing foods after magrib and especially forsuhoor. Also, stay hydrated throughout the evening and prior to beginning the daily fast. Getting the proper rest is also vital to our body repairs itself and re-energizes during sleep.
Make a schedule for your Ramadan obligations as well as your school obligations. Try to omit things in your daily schedule that can wait. If you organize your day and know that Allah is most merciful to His servants who seek to worship Him and sacrifice during Ramadan, you may find this much easier than you thought.
May Allah (swt) grant you ease, and we wish you a most blessed Ramadan and successful completion of your exams.
Disclaimer: The conceptualization and recommendations stated in this response are very general and purely based on the limited information provided in the question. In no event shall AboutIslam, its counselors or employees be held liable for any damages that may arise from your decision in the use of our services.
Terkini dari MA Matholi'ul Huda Troso
- Hari Ketiga Kemadrasahan, Karwadi, S.Ag. Jelaskan Pancajiwa “Kemandirian”
- Hari Kedua Kemadrasahan, Noor Ubaidillah, S.Pd.I. Jelaskan Pancajiwa “Kesederhanaan”
- Hari Pertama Kemadrasahan, Drs. H. Nur Kholis Syam’un Kupas Pancajiwa “Keikhlasan”
- Orientasi Hidup
- Hadiah untuk Lebah Madu, Atap Halte Bus di Utrecht Ditutupi Bunga