Does Shawwal fasting compensate some missed days in Ramadan? Or do I have to repay the Ramadan days in addition to the six days of Shawwal?
Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
In this fatwa:
As for double intention in Shawwal fasting, there are two juristic views; one of which permits that while the other rejects it.
In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:
There are two rulings on having two intentions in Shawwal fasting. According to a number of scholars and jurists, you can have the double intention of making up for the lost days as well as seeking the extra rewards for observing the recommended Shawwal fasting.
However, this view is not shared by others; they are of the view that one should first make up for the missed fasts, then, if the month of Shawwal still remains, observe the recommended fasts.
Allah Almighty knows best.
Editor’s note: This fatwa is from Ask the Scholar’s archive and was originally published at an earlier date.
Terkini dari MA Matholi'ul Huda Troso
- Mengawali Tahun Pelajaran Baru 2019-2020, MTs. dan MA MH Troso Selenggarakan Sholat Dhuha, Sujud Syukur, Istighasah, Tahlil, dan Jalan Sehat
- Troso Festival 2019 - Alumni MA Matholi’ul Huda Troso, "Legendary Generation" Tampilkan 8 Jenis Tari
- PPDB Tahun 2019 MA Matholi’ul Huda Troso, 201 Pendaftar Terima Surat Pengumuman Penerimaan
- Hidup Mewah, Mengeluh dan Bertengkar
- Lakukan Push Up 3.270 Kali dalam 2 Jam, Bocah 6 Tahun Ini Dapat Hadiah Tak Terduga