NEW YORK – Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former president Bill Clinton and Trump’s Democratic challenger Hillary Clinton, attended a Muslim solidarity rally on Sunday, amid rising opposition to the controversial Muslim ban.
“Thank you to all who organized #IAmMuslimToo today – Charlotte’s 1st protest rally. #NoBanNoWallNoRaids,” Clinton tweeted, The Hill reported.
Hundreds of New Yorkers attended the march on Sunday, February 19, in Times Square, New York City.
The rally, held under the banner “I Am a Muslim Too”, was called by hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, Imam Shamsi Ali, Rabbi Marc Schneier, Dr. Debbie Almontaser, Daisy Khan, Linda Sarsour, Q-Tip and many other leaders from the community.
The event featured speakers including New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio; mogul Russel Simmons, a former friend of Trump; actress Susan Sarandon; and several prominent activists.
“We are here today to show middle America our beautiful signs and, through our beautiful actions and intention, that they have been misled,” Simmons told the crowd.
“We are here unified because of Donald Trump. We want to thank him for bringing us together.”
The rally comes to protest Trump’s executive order, which initially barred foreign travelers from seven Muslim-majority nations from entering the US.
While the ban was halted in court, Trump has said it would be replaced by something new.
Terkini dari MA Matholi'ul Huda Troso
- Troso Festival 2019 - Alumni MA Matholi’ul Huda Troso, "Legendary Generation" Tampilkan 8 Jenis Tari
- PPDB Tahun 2019 MA Matholi’ul Huda Troso, 201 Pendaftar Terima Surat Pengumuman Penerimaan
- Hidup Mewah, Mengeluh dan Bertengkar
- Lakukan Push Up 3.270 Kali dalam 2 Jam, Bocah 6 Tahun Ini Dapat Hadiah Tak Terduga
- Konsep Ekonomi Ibnu Khaldun, Seperti Apa?